14 August 2010

post hoc

My apartment has many outlets and switches, of course, and thus many fuses. But these seem to be divided into two zones. The northern zone includes both bedrooms and half the living room; the southern zone includes the rest of the living room and "dining room" and the kitchen. Last night the power came back on in the northern zone, and only halfway or so in the southern zone. I unplugged the refrigerator and ran a heavy-duty extension cord to an outlet that was working, in the interest of at least getting the contents cold again as soon as possible.

But this morning, my internet is working, which is the standard for brownout-vs-full-power in the northern zone; and my kettle boils water, which is the standard in the southern zone. I'm going to tentatively say my power is back on to stay.

Course it's only now that I discover my cable is down, but shockingly, that bothers me a lot less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home